Monday, March 25, 2013

Micro-update 25 Mar 2013

Not much happening here. Really. It's barely worth the page break. But if you like an intro picture and you feel like helping me design a monster, you should click anyway.



So remember that update video where I showed the spawnpod? That hanging green pod that spawns fluffy ponies? That's going to have to change. Even though I set the mass super high, and tried to make it not move, it does. It moves when launching fluffy ponies. It moves when you use Twilight's Concussive Blast (rocket) on it. This bothers me. I dislike seeing a pod hanging there in mid air. It looks wrong.
So now I need a new replacement for the Pain Elemental. Any ideas will be gladly considered; just make sure it still spits out fluffy ponies. Go wild. I love challenges.
Also, I have begun to work on the storyline part.
This image, broken into two parts, is now in the Read This! section.

I believe she is about to deliver what is known as a "generous beatdown".
I intend to do some more story parts, including a wet mane Rarity for when she leaves water levels. We'll see how far I actually get.
I have finished the designs for all three secret levels now, including fixing the skullkeys and their messages. I've also done most of Episode 1. The later levels look a little bland, though, so hopefully I get that fixed before it's time to release Open Beta 2.
That's about it for this week. Since I have two tests this week that I am not ready for, there probably won't be much new this week, either, but hey.

1 comment:

  1. For the spawning thing for the fluffy ponies hmmm, maybe a colored puddle of some sort (not very imaginative ha), or some other sort of enemy that spawns them, theres a few thoughts for now. Or rather like the Pain Elemental enemy you could have like a type of enemy that floats around spewing out these things, itll follow you so you can get away and keep firing fluffy ponies at you :D
    ~Vandanator

    ReplyDelete