Saturday, September 21, 2013

Doldrums

It's a term that refers to when the wind dies and you're at sea. I was in the doldrums. I hadn't worked on this game in over two weeks and I was very, very tempted to just call it a hiatus, release it as 1.9, and call it good, because I just didn't want to work on it.

Then I thought, but no, it can't be true! I could fly if I- wait, that's a song from Toy Story, nvm. No flying in this game, unicorns can't fly.
and I know rarity did in canon shut up

But the thing is, I figured I'd sit down and fix the weapons.
I'm still missing a few frames in the alt-fire of the TwiBlast, but as of right now, this is what the weapons will look like in Open Beta 2.

I'm exhausted as if you couldn't tell from my rambling, missing punctuation and stuff like that so yeah there's no commentary but I did show off all the weapons and randomized pain sounds so watch enjoy suggest new things that sort of thing



(still need voice actress)


6 comments:

  1. Looks awesome! I particularly like how you arranged the icons on the spellbook, to show the ammo costs and recharge rates. I never actually noticed how intrusive the black bar was until I saw this new system.

    Also, I love how Rarity is so calm and composed about everything. I hope she keeps her "hmm--yes--quite--shotgun--yes--combustion--hmm--quite..." attitude in the finished product.

    Thank you for all your work, and for your outstanding patience making this game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment!
      Yeah, that black bar had to go.
      And of course. A lady always has poise and grace, dearie.

      Delete
  2. Dude its looking better and better keep it up! I like the new mini Rarity that is at the bottom of the screen, and the tome as your weapon works very nicely. I would say that with the super spreadshot that the big letters saying recharging isnt needed, seems a bit distracting. And i saw them hacks tossing that grenade around that corner.... who cares if your the one who put the enemy there! But really dude its looking good, i could see some better graphics and such, MAN IM EXCITED!... :D

    ~Vandanator

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      Yeah, when I don't feel like doing anything I go back and mess with the levels a bit.
      And it's totally not cheating... it's knowing the rules of the game. *cough*

      Delete
  3. the game is looking awesome! it's very well done ^^ but is it ok if i suggest that you change the pointer when you change weapons? i would really like to have something like this --> ( --x-- ) to show me the range of the spread gun (shotgun)

    if it's not possible, then no problem, and keep it up! it's just too awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The crosshair is actually a zdoom thing. I could, maybe, but I'd have to redo the sprites to include the pointer and that would be a bit large and bulky, and I doubt it would work properly.
      Thanks!

      Delete