Sunday, August 25, 2013

Little Changes

There will come a day when I will announce the death of this game, release what assets I have, and give up modding for good.

Today is not that day.

Today is the day I show a couple things I'm currently working on to prove I'm still working on this game and to give myself incentive to actually get off my lazy butt and finish them.

Jump below.




So one of the doors (technically the blue skullkey door) is the FimFiction.net door, with the in-joke being 502-fiction bad gateway errors (it's been much better recently, but E1M3 needed four doors and so does E2M4, so it's staying in). If you're a member of the site, you'll know that knighty just announced a new logo, and so of course I'll need a new door to reflect that change.

epitome of laziness
Old door (logo slapped on standard door)
New door (complete with keypad and technodesign)










...what? That was a pointless change?

Yeah, it kindof was. Here's another I put in: I added two more pain sounds and then randomized them, so now it's not always "ah! how rude!" when you get hit/land in the slime. Now we've also got "ouch!" and "that's gonna leave a mark..."
(That being said, I'm still looking for a Rarity voice actress. Not very hard, though... :sheepish:)

That's not really why I delayed the release, though, is it? Of course not. This is why: My trixieling sprites look like this:



...and I'd like them to look something like this:



And don't even get me started on how bad the Rarisprites look *shudder*.

But if there's a trixieling, there has to be somepony there for them to copy. So where's Trixie?

I'd better release this game quick or else I'll run out of things to tease... maybe I have one more thing I can show off? Ah, yes, does this look familiar?




2 comments:

  1. You could always go the super complicated route and use 3D models in GZDoom!

    Here was that map revision I never got sent to you to fix the platform.
    http://jadwerx.com/files/rd/raridoom_jadwick_map01_rev1.wad

    Also, since ZDoom only uses the software render you only have 256 colors to work with, that's why you are getting some odd off-color colors in-game. You can run them through a palette like in photoshop or GIMP2, and it will convert them fairly successfully. I have no idea how well slade converts them. XWE, the old wad editor I used was terrible at it.

    I feel like I should mention GZDoom allows for tru-color also.

    -J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your doing good Bat, this is well worth the wait, remember there are a few out there willing to give ya a helping hand :D even though it might be only a lil like moi, but keep it up yo! Can't wait to see some more updates ;D
    ~Vandanator

    ReplyDelete