Sunday, February 24, 2013

All righty, then....

*looks around* Hmm... not too shabby, actually. Plenty of room, and just look at the location!

Anyway...

Behold, my first post! More after the break.
(heh I feel so legit saying that)


So I noticed that while the Raridoom video featured on EQG quickly got over two thousand views (which, to be honest, surprised me), the newer video tests I've done top out at sixty or seventy or so. I thought, Ya know, I wish there was a way I could kindof keep everything in one place so everyone can see what I'm doing and get updates, without having to sub to me on YouTube (see, I sometimes write music and upload it... let's just say I program better than I sing).

After much thought--much more than it should have taken--I decided I could create a blog. Yeah. It's a miracle I've survived this long.

Here, I'll post updates, history, relevant/random information, what I'm working on currently, a bug list (if people would send me some... :-( what's the point of an open beta if people don't try to break the game? I've gotten like two responses, and one was just that I forgot to set the "nomonsters" flag on certain doors that led to secret areas; took like ten seconds to fix), maybe some sprite sheets, some of the storyline (that's right--I'm trying to give the game a storyline. It's like a large, playable fanfiction! ...except you can die... and there are cheat codes... and minibosses... where was I going with this again?), pretty much anything and everything Raridoom.

I also intend on posting some things I've learned about zdoom and its many functions and abilities. I was looking back at my original notes (I documented a lot of things, just for my own reference) and every issue I thought I'd have, I found an easy fix or a native workaround; and as much as I love tinkering and finding things out for myself, I figure I might as well help somepony else out in case they want to make their own mod.

There's another point. Everything zdoom is released under a GPL license, so as long as you don't make any money off of it, the sky's the limit, really. That's why in the sidebar to your right I've linked the programs I used for modding; Slade3 and DoomBuilder2.


tl;dr friendship is flank-kicking and Rarity's the one for the job.


Wait... Did I just type "somepony"? What's wrong with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment