Monday, July 15, 2024

Status(bar) Update

Ah, the status bar. I have always liked having it (even though I know some people prefer to turn it off). It just feels classic to me. 

But what if I wanted to update it? For example, if I wanted to show when Rarity has picked up the berserk powerup (because sometimes I forget!).

I could just add a small image, like so:

Regular-strength Rarity


Rarity's on fire with the berserk powerup!

Or, what if you wanted to know if you had green armor or blue armor (because they have different save percentages and I didn't realize this for a long time)? 


Three points on the shield for the 33% save

It's a bigger shield to show the 50%. 
Still have to figure out what the armor powerups will be, though. 

Or what if I wanted to find a statusbar font that looked like something Rarity would use but still is legible at tiny size?

...I don't have a picture for this one. The red freedoom one doesn't really fit, and the mlp-font text below is a little too pixelated for my liking, so that's another thing I'll have to change. 

But still! Very fun.

6 comments:

  1. Amazing! This is a WAY better HUD design than the one we've got. I'd add it to Custom Edition if i knew how to work with SBARINFO.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! Sbarinfo is not intuitive at all. :-/ Mixing up which one was x and y every so often didn't help, either.

      Delete
  2. This is a huge improvement I really like the little things added for convenience. Any predictions for when it'll be playable? And will the story carry on from the first game? Totally fine if you don't wanna reveal anything yet though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure; the levels are coming along ok (I want to do a full 30 and I'm about a third of the way there), but it's the spriting that's holding me back... again.
      No, it's basically the same story as the first one. Rarity goes down, Rarity kicks butt, Rarity saves her friends.

      Delete
  3. I'm unaware of how complicated it might be, but would it be possible / would you be willing to upload the rarity mugshot for use as a regular doom mod? I've been looking everywhere for a pony mugshot (which is how I found this mod and I'm so excited to play it!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy to see you're still working on this.

    ReplyDelete